Air Pollution Controls

Voltage Dividers

In order to get a secondary voltage signal to a transformer rectifier (TR) control, it is necessary to have a voltage divider resistor connected to the secondary output of a TR.  Existing dividers may be located in the oil filled TR tank, or may be located external to the TR in the ground switch housing or pipe and guard (bus duct).  TRs that were not manufactured with internal voltage dividers can be retrofitted with external units.

Redkoh can supply a variety of voltage divider shapes and ratings for both under oil or external units.  Dividers are typically rated at 50, 75, 80, 120, and 400 Meg ohms, depending on the output voltage of the TR.

We can also rebuild voltage dividers from many manufacturers if exact replacement new units are not available.